We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace
It’s why we come to work. It’s why we’re in business. It’s how we inspire exceptional performance.
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose: to popularise cleanliness and bring it within reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. We now have over 400 brands and we are still driven by purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society – not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years – we plan to continue doing that. And we plan to do it sustainably.
- 100 + years of history in Australia & New Zealand
- 70% of products sold in Australia & New Zealand made locally
- 100% renewable electricity powering our operations
- #1 Employer of Choice through Universum
- 190 countries where our brands are available
- 3.4 billion people use our products every day
- € 52 billion turnover in 2021
- 400 + brands that are household names
- 13 brands with sales of over €1billion in 2021
- 13 brands in Kantar's top 50 global brands are ours
- 148,000 employees worldwide
- 50 markets where we are the FMCG employer of choice
- 52/48 gender balance (female/male)
- 92 % of our leaders are local to their market
- €445 m spend with diverse businesses owned by under-represented groups.
- 53 % of our plastic packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable.
- 64 % reduction in Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions since 2015.
- Making sustainable living commonplace
Unilever has a long history in Australia and New Zealand
Today, we have over 900 employees and three factories in Minto, Tatura and North Rocks. Around 70% of the products we sell in Australia and New Zealand are made locally, including Continental Cup-A-Soup, Side Dishes and Stocks, Dove, Rexona, Lynx, TRESemmé, and Streets ice creams!
- 3 factories
- 1.8K packs of Continental produced every minute
- 100M deodorant cans every year
- 200K litres of ice cream made every day