Nils Andersen was appointed Chair of Unilever PLC in November 2019. He is Chair of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and a member of the Compensation Committee.
Mr Andersen is Chairman at AkzoNobel and a Non-Executive Director at BP plc. Nils also serves as Chairman of the privately-held Salling Group A/S. Nils intends to step down from his responsibilities at BP and Salling Group before Unilever’s AGM in April 2020.
From 2007 to 2016 he served as Group Chief Executive Officer of A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S. Before that he was Executive Vice President of Carlsberg A/S and Carlsberg Breweries A/S from 1999-2001, becoming President, Chief Executive Officer from 2001-2007.
He has also previously worked for de Danske Sukkerfabrikker, Tuborg International, Union Cervecera, Hannen Brauerei and Hero Group. Mr Andersen was also previously Non-Executive Director of Inditex, Vice-Chairman of the European Round Table of Industrialists and a member of the Committee on Business Policies, Confederation of Danish Industry.
- November 2019: Appointed Chair of Unilever PLC, Chair of the Nominating and
- 2018: Became Chairman of AkzoNobel
- 2017-2018: Chairman of Unifeeder A/S
- 2016: Became a Non-Executive Director BP plc
- 2015: Became a Non-Executive Director at Unilever PLC and a member of Unilever's Compensation Committee until April 2016 when he became a member of Unilever's Audit Committee
- 2007-2016: Group Chief Executive Officer of A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S
- 2001-2007: President, Chief Executive Officer of Carlsberg A/S and Carlsberg Breweries AS
- 1999-2001: Executive Vice President of Carlsberg A/S and Carlsberg Breweries AS